Awards and Conferences
Submitted by Nathan Lounds on Mon, 11/15/2010 - 11:59
- AT&T Faculty-Staff Awards in Instructional Technology: AT&T Faculty-Staff Awards in Instructional Technology recognize and encourage a wide variety of best practices in the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning. This awards program, generously funded by AT&T, recognizes outstanding contributions to the use and development of information technology for teaching and learning in credit-bearing courses at Michigan State University. Individual MSU faculty and staff (often, teams of faculty and staff) who have developed and offered fully online, blended, or enhanced credit-bearing MSU courses during the year are eligible. The first place winning individual or team in each category will receive an award of $1500 provided in a University account to be used in ways that contribute to their professional expertise.
- Departmental awards: Some departments also provide awards for teaching excellence.
- EDUCAUSE awards: The EDUCAUSE award program, under the guidance of the Recognition Committee, brings peer endorsement and distinction to professional accomplishments.
- Sloan-C Awards: The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) has recognized outstanding work in the field of online education through an annual awards process since 2001.
- Mildred B. and Charles A. Wedemeyer Award: to recognize outstanding contributions in the scholarship and practice of distance education in North America.
- SLOAN-C: The Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of education. Membership in the Sloan Consortium provides knowledge, practice, community, and direction for educators. Originally funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Sloan-C is now a non-profit, member sustained organization.
- EDUCAUSE: EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology.
- Distance Teaching and Learning: The Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning is recognized internationally for the quality and integrity of its program. Each year the conference provides an exchange of current resources, research, and best practices from around the world that are relevant to the design and delivery of distance education/training.
- Teaching Professor: The Teaching Professor Conference is an exploration of the art and science of good teaching. Join colleagues from campuses nationwide to discover and discuss the latest tools and techniques for the job you love.
- Moodle: Even though we specialize in online learning, it is still nice to get together in a room! See these links for more information about our conferences (we call them MoodleMoots) and other events.
- Blackboard: opportunities to learn about industry trends, Blackboard's software, solutions and services and plans for the future.